John Owen was a pastor and Vice-Chancellor of Oxford during the rule of Oliver Cromwell. Many have claimed that he was not only the most important theologian of the 17th century but probably the most important theologian who wrote in English. His writings on the Trinity, Christ, the Holy Spirit, Sin, the Perseverance of the Saints, and many other subjects overflow with Biblical and theological richness and deep practical devotion to God.
Thinking Spiritually (also called "Spiritual Mindedness") is a wonderful book by Owen. Here he explores the important truth of Romans 8:6 that we our duty toward God is not merely putting sin to death, but 'walking with God' and 'living unto God' which is 'life and peace'. Thus we should set our minds to the things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God (Colossians 3:1-3).
These studies were conducted by Mark Munch for his Bible study group. They are wonderful summaries in understandable language of one of the best books ever written for the church!
1. Romans 8:6 Explained | Mark Munch | Read Here
2. Spiritual Mindedness Examined | Mark Munch | Read Here
3. Spiritually Minded? Not Necessarily | Mark Munch | Read Here
4. Testing for Spiritual Mindedness | Mark Munch | Read Here
5. Cultivating Spiritual Thoughts | Mark Munch | Read Here
6. How to Think about Spiritual Things | Mark Munch | Read Here
7. Thinking Spiritually About Christ | Mark Munch | Read Here
8. Thinking Spiritually About God | Mark Munch | Read Here
9. More on Thinking About God | Mark Munch | Read Here
10. Help When Spiritual Thinking is Difficult | Mark Munch | Read Here
11. Ways in Which God Encourages us to be Spiritually Minded | Read Here
12. Genuine Love of the Spiritual | Mark Munch | Read Here
13. To Know Whether a Change in Us is Spiritual | Mark Munch | Read Here
14. Another Evidence of Genuine Spiritual Change | Mark Munch | Read Here
15. True Delight in Worship | Mark Munch | Read Here